As from 24 September the Knox Johnston Sports Centre will be operating NHS Test and Trace as per Government Legislation. When you arrive, all users will need to scan the NHS QR code posters and you will be asked to provide your name and contact details, so that you may be contacted if you have been exposed to the virus.
We will also be asking customers to wear a mask or face covering in some areas of the centre and signage in the building will indicate these areas.
Please continue reading for the operational and safety information.
The Knox–Johnston will be operating the following timetable during the school term time.
|Monday-Thursday||18:30 – 22:00|
|Friday||18:30 – 21:00|
|Saturday||13:00 – 18:00|
|Sunday||8.00 – 20:00|
The swimming pool will be operating to a different timetable and public swimming will be available as follows:
|Wednesday||18:30 – 21:50|
|Thursday||20:15 – 21:50|
|Friday||19:05 – 19:50|
|Saturday||13:00 – 17:50|
|Sunday||08:00 – 08:50 and 12:00 – 19:50|
Due to covid-19, all activities are now required to be booked in advance. It is essential you read the safety and operational information before making a booking.
This is our number one priority! We have introduced a number of new measures to ensure this.
1. Social distancing measures throughout the centre.
2. Customers to wear a mask or face covering in some areas of the centre and signage in the building will indicate these areas.
3. A one-way system around the centre.
4. Hand sanitisers and regular reminders to wash your hands.
5. Increased cleaning schedules and procedures.
6. Reduced capacity for the gym, swimming pool and fitness classes to ensure social distancing.
7. Bookable sessions for the gym, pool, classes and hall bookings limited to 50 minute sessions. This will allow us to clean between sessions. We would ask all customers to phone before they visit to book a time slot for their activity. You can call on 01442 358 224 to do this and can book up to 7 days in advance (but only one session per day at the moment).
8. Plastic shield at our reception desk and PPE for our team.
1. Stay at home if you are unwell. Please do not visit the centre if you feel unwell or are displaying symptoms of Covid – 19.
2. Arrive ready. Please come in your kit to avoid using changing rooms. This includes ‘Pool ready’, having showered before visiting and wearing your swimwear underneath your clothes.
3. Bring your own equipment. Please bring your own waters bottle. If doing pilates, please bring your own mat if you have one. If you are playing tennis, badminton or table tennis, please bring your own racquets and equipment if you have it.
4. Travel light. We won’t have as many lockers available so please only bring what you need. Please only bring a towel if you are swimming (no sweat towels for the gym).
5. Bring a card – we would like as many transactions done through contactless payment where possible.
1. Make sure you check in – we will be asking for details to assist with the government trace and test scheme. We ask all parents with children under the age of 13 to book their children in if they are not staying throughout the session.
2. Use hand sanitisers throughout your visit.
3. Follow social distancing signs and keep to the one-way system.
4. Clean equipment before and after use.
5. Limit your time in the changing rooms (all showers will be closed).
There will be a booking system in place for the pool, gym, classes, hall bookings and tennis courts.
Customers will be able to book a 50 minute session for these facilities, we will then close the area for cleaning before reopening for the next session.
There will be a limit of 5 people to the gym for each session.
There will be a limit in the pool. We will be operating double width lanes and will allow up to 10 people per lane. We will also be offering a family pod session, where a family / bubble will be able to book an area of the pool for a 50 minute slot. There will only be three of these available per hour (you will be asked if you wish to use the shallow, mid or deep end area of the pool) so please do book in advance, we don’t want to have to turn people away at the door.
In order to book, please contact the centre within our opening hours and our team will be happy to help. Our number is 01442 358224 and our email address is email@example.com (we will confirm all bookings with you if you email / leave a message, so please do not visit until you have received confirmation)
Should you have any questions at all before you visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The sports centre offers membership to our local community. We offer a range of memberships for all family members to enjoy our facilities featuring: